The Bukhara museum was established in November 8, 1922. Since 1945, the museum has been situated in the Ark citadel, the former residence of the Bukharan emirs. And that’s where the main office of the museum is located.
In 1985, the museum got the status of the Bukhara State Art-Architectural Museum-Preserve. The museum-preserve consists of six branches, including 18 permanent exhibitions placed in the architectural monuments
In the depositories of the museum-preserve, there are over 100000 objects, representing material and spiritual culture of the region.
The museum has the collections of: